FAMILY CONNECTIONS: MEANINGFUL ENGAGEMENT IN THE SPECIAL EDUCATION PROCESS
A Special Series for Parents and Family Members
Presented by SUPAC and hosted by Cortland City School District
SESSION 5: Moving On: Transitioning Families from CPSE to CSE
In collaboration with Mid-State ECDC
The transition from preschool to elementary school can be a time of excitement and anxiety. Having a better understanding of the process can make the transition easier.
This workshop with help you:
- Understand the transition process
- Learn how to be an active member of the transition team
- Understand the difference between CPSE and CSE
- Understand the components of an IEP
- Strategize ways to introduce new providers to your child
- Prepare for your child’s new school and programming
Come with any question you have and we will help to answer them.
Transition is a time of opportunity and growth, celebrate it!