FAMILY EMPOWERMENT SERIES
Presented by Starbridge and SUPAC
Combination of in-person and online learning sessions!
ARE YOU A FAMILY MEMBER OF A CHILD WHO HAS DISABILITIES?
Take part in a free, seven-session training to learn about the special education process and acquire skills to effectively advocate for your child! Please note: you must participate in BOTH the in person and online workshops to graduate from this series.
- Classification, evaluation, and placement options
- Positive interaction between schools and families
- Successful methods to approach CSE/CPSE meetings
- RTI, IEP and 504 plans
- Transition – planning and how to proceed
This series is open to all families of children with developmental, educational and suspected disabilities.
FULL SERIES RUNS FROM MARCH 29 TO MAY 17
IN PERSON WORKSHOPS: MARCH 29, APRIL 12, MAY 3 AND MAY 17
Wednesdays ~ 9:30am – 2:00pm
Cayuga Community College
197 Franklin St.
Auburn, NY 13021
(Staff Dining Room)
Bring your own lunch. Snacks and water will be available.
ONLINE WORKSHOPS: APRIL 5, APRIL 26 AND MAY 10
- Can be completed anytime during those weeks!
- Will be completed through http://moodle.starbridgeonlinelearning.org/
- Independent computer access is required.
PLEASE NOTE: REGISTRATION FOR THIS SERIES IS NOW CLOSED.
Starbridge and SUPAC are able to provide this workshop for free thanks to the support of grants from local, regional, and national funders.